    ImportError: No module named _tkinter

    o-o

    Thomas
    TK, Feb 22, 2007

  2. TK

    Paul Boddie Guest

    TK wrote:

    > how can I install Tkinter with Python2.5? I can install Python2.5
    > (tarball) in the usual way but there is no Tkinter? What's wrong?

    I see that Tcl/Tk detection has been moved in the Python source
    distribution (since the "good old days" when I last had to deal with
    this kind of thing) from the configure machinery to the setup.py
    program. However, a few things worth checking include (1) whether you
    not only have the Tcl/Tk libraries but also the Tcl/Tk headers/
    includes and (2) whether they're installed in standard places or
    somewhere else.

    Look for things like libtcl8.4.so, libtk8.4.so as well as tcl.h and
    tk.h. If appropriate, check your distribution's packages and make sure
    you have the developer packages (eg. tcl8.4-dev, tk8.4-dev) installed.

    Paul
    Paul Boddie, Feb 22, 2007

  3. TK

    TK Guest

    Hi,

    > I see that Tcl/Tk detection has been moved in the Python source
    > distribution (since the "good old days" when I last had to deal with
    > this kind of thing) from the configure machinery to the setup.py
    > program. However, a few things worth checking include (1) whether you
    > not only have the Tcl/Tk libraries but also the Tcl/Tk headers/
    > includes and (2) whether they're installed in standard places or
    > somewhere else.
    >
    > Look for things like libtcl8.4.so, libtk8.4.so as well as tcl.h and
    > tk.h. If appropriate, check your distribution's packages and make sure
    > you have the developer packages (eg. tcl8.4-dev, tk8.4-dev) installed.

    It's not so simple ... . Thanx fpor help.

    o-o

    Thomas
    TK, Feb 24, 2007
  4. TK

    bobmon Guest

    > how can I install Tkinter with Python2.5? I can install Python2.5
    > (tarball) in the usual way but there is no Tkinter? What's wrong?

    I'm trying to build Python 2.5 under FC6, and had similar problems
    (plus others). I had to do "yum install" 'tcl-devel.i386' and 'tk-
    devel.i386' to get the tcl portion to work. HTH.
    bobmon, Feb 24, 2007