Newbie question ob vb.net and connecting to a dB

RichK

Hello All!

Working on my first "production" program and need a hand.....

I have written a program that is supposed to access a SQL database and then
run a crystal report or do other things depending on which button is
pressed. I have this program running well on my design setup but when I run
it on another PC I get errors . It runs perfectly when I run it on the PC I
designed it on.

My first guess is that when I run it on another PC I need a way to connect
to the Database I want to use. Is there a way I can specify where the
program should look for the Database or a way I can have an input box where
the database to be used can be specified.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide this newbie :)

eCaVeMaN

Randy

I do the same kind of development. Here is what you need on your client
machine:

An ODBC Connector to the SQL Server Database

In your code you need to specify the ODBC Connection somehow ...
something like this might work:
myquery.Connect = "ODBC;DSN=dBName;

Hope it Helps

Randy