Newbie Question on how to present Data

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Danny Ni, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Danny Ni

    Danny Ni Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to develop a timeclock report page

    Here is a sample of the data I have:
    Type DateTime
    -------------------
    clock in 3/1/04 9:00
    clock out 3/1/04 12:00
    clock in 3/1/04 13:00
    clock out 3/1/04 18:00
    clock in 3/2/04 9:10
    clock out 3/2/04 12:10
    clock in 3/2/04 13:10
    clock out 3/2/04 18:10

    These are just sample data, real data can have any numbers of activities in
    any given day and not limited to 2 days only.

    What web controls should I use and how do I use them to present data like
    this:

    Date 3/1/04
    Clock In 9:00
    Clock Out 12:00
    Clock In 13:00
    Clock Out 18:00
    Hours 8
    Date 3/2/04
    Clock In 9:10
    Clock Out 12:10
    Clock In 13:10
    Clock Out 18:10
    Hours 8
    Total Hours 16

    Of course the ASP.Net rendered HTML page will look much better, at lease
    aligned perfectly, but I think you get the idea what I am trying to do.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Danny Ni, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Danny Ni

    Danny Ni Guest

    Guys,

    I really need answer to this question. I suppose I can use the ASP style
    response.write to accomplish it, but is it the only to go?

    Thanks Again

    Danny Ni, Apr 8, 2004