Newbie question on Viewstate information

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by raagz, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. raagz

    raagz Guest

    Hi All,

    I am new to ASP.NET .
    I have developed an sample application .
    My problem is that all webpages are very very slow..

    and when i see the HTML source from the IE (view -> source) i see

    a lot of viewstate information ..

    i copied the whole viewstate information and pasted in text file to
    see its size..and i am totally surprised to see its size as 1.5MB !

    So can anybody suggest me what mistake i have done in my application
    and what measures should i take to make my application run faster ?

    Thanks

    Regards
    Raagz

    raagz, Jun 27, 2003

  2. raagz

    STom Guest

    Do you have lots of controls on the pages? Do these controls have their
    viewstate property set to True?

    STom, Jun 27, 2003

  3. raagz

    MC D Guest

    1.5 megs! Holy crap!

    How many controls on the page? Each control should have its viewstate
    property set to false unless it needs to maintain its state between
    postbacks.

    Also, the enableviewstatemac property of the page directive should be false,
    otherwise the viewstate will be larger.

    MC D, Jun 28, 2003