Newbie Question: Password Protected Site

Jason

Hello,
I'm fairly new to Javascript. I was wondering if someone could direct
me to some code samples for a password protected site. It's not
crucial information, so some basic code I think is all I need. I
actually have a functioning script on the first page that works
nicely, but what I'm having trouble understanding is how to design
site-wide protection so interior pages will be protected as well...

Thanks,
Jason

Randy Webb

Jason said:
Hello,
I'm fairly new to Javascript. I was wondering if someone could direct
me to some code samples for a password protected site.

For a client side javascript protection, you aren't going to find one
thats worth anything.
It's not crucial information, so some basic code I think is all I need.

If its not crucial, why the concern about protecting it?
I actually have a functioning script on the first page that works
nicely, but what I'm having trouble understanding is how to design
site-wide protection so interior pages will be protected as well...

If you want to protect it, or a sense of protection anyway, do your
protecting on the server. Anything you do on the client is 99% fallible
and unreliable when it comes to security.