Newbie-question: read a xml-config-file in c++ Builder 5 (Xerces)

Discussion in 'XML' started by Bassa, Sep 19, 2003.

  1. Bassa

    Bassa Guest

    Hi!

    I currently have to write a program, that is intended to start other
    applications, start an update check and shut down the computer if the
    app requires so. I have to make it possible to use it either as
    NT-Service or as a shell replacement.
    Configuration - as the topic says - has to be made with a XML File

    I have to use Borland C++ Builder 5 and Xerces for parsing...

    As I have neither done win32 nor XML before and as I am on a tight
    schedule, I'm encountering some problems... what do I have to do to
    use the xml file

    XML-File looks like this:

    <process name = "MyApp-1"
    application = "APP"
    executable = "$(HOME)\bin\myapp.exe"
    arguments = "$(HOME)\param\myapp-1.ini"
    restartPolicy= "DontRestart" />
    <process name = "MyApp-2"
    application = "APP2"
    executable = "$(HOME)\bin\myapp2.exe"
    arguments = "$(HOME)\param\myapp-2.ini"
    restartPolicy = "Restart"
    restartPeriod = "10000"
    restartThreshold= "30" />

    other parameters are possible...

    I'm completely lost on the win32-part and I'm nearly as completely
    lost on the XML-part and I cannot catch up on both, so I hope to get
    some help here :/

    Thanks in advance

    Bassa, Sep 19, 2003