Newbie Question (repost)

Jack

Hello,

Sorry for the repost however the post never showed up the newsgroup or
Outlook Express is retrieving it. Either way I apologize.
I have a web form that has alot of event handlers (checkboxes,
dropdownlists). I need to handle certain events for certain controls before
other controls. What specifies which event handler gets called first when
submitting the form and can I modify it?

Thanks

Karl Seguin [MVP]

I believe the order of the controls is what specifies the order in which
events are raised.

You're best bet is to handle the ordering logic within your controls
themeselves..maybe by calling a function.

sub CheckBox_Changed(...)
ProcessGlobalEvent()
'do checkbox changed specific stuff
end sub

sub TextBox_Changed(...)
ProcessGlobalEvent()
'do textbox changed specific stuff
end sub

where ProcessGlobalEvent() is a function/sub which handles all the stuff you
need to do before handling any specific event.

Karl