newbie question : unresolved external symbol...

Discussion in 'C++' started by Rashid, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. Rashid

    Rashid Guest

    I am trying to use one of the examples from the IBM ViaVoice TTS
    SDK....which is the following :

    #include "eci.h"
    int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {

    eciSpeakText ("Hello world.", false);
    return 0;
    }

    in one .cpp file (mymain.cpp). When I build the project, I am getting
    :

    mymain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _eciSpeakText@8

    I am compiling on WinXP (SP1) with Visual Studio 6 (SP5).
    Any clues to a newbie....what the heck is going on?

    Thanks.
    Rashid, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Rashid wrote:

    > I am trying to use one of the examples from the IBM ViaVoice TTS
    > SDK....which is the following :
    >
    > #include "eci.h"
    > int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
    >
    > eciSpeakText ("Hello world.", false);
    > return 0;
    > }
    >
    > in one .cpp file (mymain.cpp). When I build the project, I am getting
    > :
    >
    > mymain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _eciSpeakText@8
    >
    > I am compiling on WinXP (SP1) with Visual Studio 6 (SP5).
    > Any clues to a newbie....what the heck is going on?

    You did not tell the system where it can find the library which
    implements the missing function.

    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger
    Karl Heinz Buchegger, Jan 16, 2004