newbie question

Guest

hi there!
i've just started my adventure with JAVA. Can anyone tell me when can I
find descrption of JAVA libraries??

Dustin Aleksiuk

hi there!
i've just started my adventure with JAVA. Can anyone tell me when can I
find descrption of JAVA libraries??

These area all the standard libraries for 1.5, the newest release.
Should provide plenty of reading:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/index.html

Good luck. It's hard being new. Spend some time at java.sun.com. There
are plenty of tutorials and forums.

Regards,
Dustin Aleksiuk

Andrew Thompson

Andrew, just out of curiosity, why would it require someone to feel brave to
try the 'FRAMES' link!?

The influx of information that results from the frames
based document has, on past occasions, frozen my poor,
challenged OS component. :-(

The 'package overview' is the ever reliable stand-by,
and good if you have a slow connection.

Iván

Do you mean the features of the classes? download and install the
documentation of Java and take a look to the API reference

Iván

HalcyonWild

Iván said:
Do you mean the features of the classes? download and install the
documentation of Java and take a look to the API reference

Yes. Download the Java API documentation. It is a ready reference for
Core Java classes. You cannot read like a book and learn.
To learn about the basic Java classes, you also need a good Java book.
I suppose you already have one. Start with a beginner level book or
tutorial, so that you do not get overwhelmed. (I initially got
overwhelmed when I picked up a Java book for intermediate to advanced
users, instead of a beginner level book)