    hi there!
    i've just started my adventure with JAVA. Can anyone tell me when can I
    find descrption of JAVA libraries??
    Guest, Oct 26, 2004

  2. <$bracket$> wrote:
    > hi there!
    > i've just started my adventure with JAVA. Can anyone tell me when can I
    > find descrption of JAVA libraries??

    These area all the standard libraries for 1.5, the newest release.
    Should provide plenty of reading:

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/index.html

    Good luck. It's hard being new. Spend some time at java.sun.com. There
    are plenty of tutorials and forums.

    Regards,
    Dustin Aleksiuk
    Dustin Aleksiuk, Oct 27, 2004

  3. On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:26:01 +0200, <$bracket$> wrote:

    > i've just started my adventure ..

    >..with JAVA.

    Java (It is not an acronym.)

    >..Can anyone tell me when can I
    > find descrption of JAVA libraries??

    Do you mean the standard API?
    <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/overview-summary.html>
    ...or if you are feeling brave, try the 'FRAMES' link at the top.

    BTW - welcome. :)

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Oct 27, 2004

    hilz Guest

    > Do you mean the standard API?
    > <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/overview-summary.html>
    > ..or if you are feeling brave, try the 'FRAMES' link at the top.

    Andrew, just out of curiosity, why would it require someone to feel brave to
    try the 'FRAMES' link!?
    hilz, Oct 28, 2004
  5. On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:01:48 GMT, hilz wrote:

    >> Do you mean the standard API?
    >> <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/overview-summary.html>
    >> ..or if you are feeling brave, try the 'FRAMES' link at the top.

    > Andrew, just out of curiosity, why would it require someone to feel brave to
    > try the 'FRAMES' link!?

    The influx of information that results from the frames
    based document has, on past occasions, frozen my poor,
    challenged OS component. :-(

    The 'package overview' is the ever reliable stand-by,
    and good if you have a slow connection.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Oct 28, 2004

    Iván Guest

    Do you mean the features of the classes? download and install the
    documentation of Java and take a look to the API reference

    Iván
    Iván, May 30, 2005

    HalcyonWild Guest

    Iván wrote:
    > Do you mean the features of the classes? download and install the
    > documentation of Java and take a look to the API reference

    Yes. Download the Java API documentation. It is a ready reference for
    Core Java classes. You cannot read like a book and learn.
    To learn about the basic Java classes, you also need a good Java book.
    I suppose you already have one. Start with a beginner level book or
    tutorial, so that you do not get overwhelmed. (I initially got
    overwhelmed when I picked up a Java book for intermediate to advanced
    users, instead of a beginner level book)
    HalcyonWild, Jun 6, 2005