    and complexType distinction--can someone point me to a good tutorial?

    Thanks,
    --Steve ()

    mrstephengross, Jun 2, 2005

  2. mrstephengross wrote:

    > Hi all... I'm getting started writing XSD's, and I'm a bit confused by
    > the paradigm. I've got a system of xml elements in mind, and most of
    > them are pretty simple: they allow / disallow certain child elements,
    > and allow / disallow certain attributes. I'm confused by the simpleType
    > and complexType distinction--can someone point me to a good tutorial?

    Do you know the tutorial the W3C provides?
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/>

    As for simple and complex types, as long as you have an element with no
    child elements and with no attributes it has a simple type but if you
    need child elements or attributes it is a complex type.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jun 3, 2005