    sql server but wondered if you need visual studio to create pages and
    apps or can your fav text editor be used - how tightly are they tied?

    Thanks

    Nick Thorley, Jan 27, 2005

  2. You can create the pages in any text editor, I have used several editors from
    notepad to dreamweaver for its color coding and currently in my job using
    visual studio.

    visual studio has the VB quick syntax thing (sorry dont know its name) that
    pops up with the methods and properties for objects.

    others dont it depends on your preference, i leartn ASP using a book and
    notepad, although its a hell of a lot easier with studio cos you dont have to
    look up methods and stuff it pops up in front of you, its color coded etc

    the reason it doesn't matter what you code them in is because the ASP engine
    compiles at run time, they aren't pre-compiled like a VB or C app

    hth

    steven scaife, Jan 27, 2005