    Ross

    -----------------------------
    This message is posted by http://asp.forumszone.com

    Ross, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Can you give us some code samples or something else that could help us
    duplicate the problem or see what you're doing?

    Ray at work

    "Ross" <> wrote in message
    > HI guys,
    >
    > I''m adding a drop down list to an existing asp page that pulls info from

    a db. When I click the submit button all the exisiting controls values get
    sasved into the db but my new control doesn''t. I realise this is a complete
    newb question but I can''t understand how asp is pushing the data back?

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Mar 11, 2005

  3. Ross

    Bullschmidt Guest

    <<
    I'm adding a drop down list to an existing asp page that pulls info from
    a db. When I click the submit button all the exisiting controls values
    get sasved into the db but my new control doesn''t. I realise this is a
    complete newb question but I can''t understand how asp is pushing the
    data back?

    Perhaps be sure the listbox has a name such as:

    <select name="CustUserID" size="1">

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Mar 15, 2005
  4. Cheers for the reply guys,

    Can comfirm the dropdown does have a name, "intReasonClaimingHomeless",
    a bit messy below but if you copy and paste you will be able to see it.
    The first control somehow is changing data at the backend, the second
    which I added chages nothing.

    <select name="intSpecialNeeds" tabindex="22" class = "inputStyle"
    tabindex = 22 ID="Select22">
    <%
    if rsExistingDecision.BOF and rsExistingDecision.EOF then
    rsSpecialNeeds.Movefirst
    Do while NOT rsSpecialNeeds.EOF
    if (rsSpecialNeeds("GroupID_tgr") = 0) then
    response.write "<option value = '" &
    rsSpecialNeeds("GroupID_tgr") & "' Selected>" &
    rsSpecialNeeds("GroupName_tgr")& "</OPTION>"
    else
    response.write "<option value = '" &
    rsSpecialNeeds("GroupID_tgr") & "' >" &
    rsSpecialNeeds("GroupName_tgr")& "</OPTION>"
    end if
    rsSpecialNeeds.MoveNext
    loop
    else
    response.write "<option value = " &
    rsExistingDecision("GroupID_tgr") & " Selected>" &
    rsExistingDecision("GroupName_tgr") & "</OPTION>"
    rsSpecialNeeds.Movefirst
    Do while NOT rsSpecialNeeds.EOF
    response.write "<option value = " & rsSpecialNeeds("GroupID_tgr")
    & ">" & rsSpecialNeeds("GroupName_tgr") & "</OPTION>"
    rsSpecialNeeds.MoveNext
    loop
    end if
    %>
    </select>
    <select name="intReasonClaimingHomeless" tabindex="23" class
    = "inputStyle" tabindex = 23 ID="Select43">
    <%
    Response.Write "<option>" & strshowblank &"</option>"
    if rsExistingDecision.BOF and rsExistingDecision.EOF then

    rsReasonClaimingHomeless.Movefirst
    Do while NOT rsReasonClaimingHomeless.EOF
    response.write "<option value = '" &
    rsReasonClaimingHomeless("ReasonClaimingHomelessID_rch") & "' >" &
    rsReasonClaimingHomeless("ReasonClaimingHomeless_rch")& "</OPTION>"
    rsReasonClaimingHomeless.MoveNext
    loop
    else
    response.write "<option value = " &
    rsExistingDecision("ReasonClaimingHomelessID_rch") & " Selected>" &
    rsExistingDecision("ReasonClaimingHomeless_rch") & "</OPTION>"
    rsReasonClaimingHomeless.Movefirst
    Do while NOT rsReasonClaimingHomeless.EOF
    response.write "<option value = " &
    rsReasonClaimingHomeless("ReasonClaimingHomelessID_rch") & ">" &
    rsReasonClaimingHomeless("ReasonClaimingHomeless_rch") & "</OPTION>"
    rsReasonClaimingHomeless.MoveNext
    loop
    end if
    %>
    </select>

    Again any help much I appreciated, I just cant get me head around how
    data from the first control is getting posted to the database?

    Regards
    Ross

    Ross O'Flangagan, Mar 15, 2005