    6. Where can I found one?
    7. If I found one can I put it in all my Applets?

    thanks a lot
    Guest, Aug 22, 2003

    Chris Smith Guest

    <- Chameleon -> wrote:
    > 1. If I run a Java Program (not Applet) locally in my PC, I
    > can open/write/read files, Yes?

    Generally speaking, yes. Technically, it's up to the security manager
    installed in the VM, but unless you go to pains to set up a security
    manager that does NOT allow this, then yes, you can do so.

    > 2. If I run a Java Program (not Applet) locally in my PC,
    > can I connect/send/receive to remote servers?

    Same answer as above. Generally speaking, yes.

    > 3. If I run a Java Applet from server A (Web), and I need
    > services from server B (Irc), what I can do?

    You need to convince the security manager to let you do this. Normally,
    this involves obtaining a certificate from a respected certificate
    authority, and then digitally signing your applet to verify your
    identity, and then requesting that you be able to do something that the
    security manager would otherwise prohibit.

    This looks like a good resource (I haven't read it, though):

    http://www.suitable.com/docs/signing.html

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation