Newbie request assistance....Python - PAMIE - Java

frankrentef

Greetings all...

Newbie here to the Python world. I've written some basic script with
the purpose of automating testing of an application via Python /
Pamie. I've had pretty good success until a spot I'm testing displays
a Java pop up. I need to have Pamie access the fields in the window
(i.e. add a value and activate the "enter" button.) Can someone
assist.

Some of the code I have currently is as follows...when the script I've
written gets to the end the java window pops up automatically....I
don't understand how to interface with it.

THNX

ie.textBoxSet('_ctl0_ContentPlaceHolder1_Bocarc1_txtMAX', '5000.00')
time.sleep(2)
ie.textBoxSet('_ctl0_ContentPlaceHolder1_Bocarc1_txtMIN', '0')
time.sleep(2)
ie.buttonClick('_ctl0_ContentPlaceHolder1_Bocarc1_ckCheckMicr')
time.sleep(2)
ie.buttonClick('_ctl0_ContentPlaceHolder1_Bocarc1_ckCheckMicr')
ie.timesleep(2)
ie.textBoxSet('_ctl0_ContentPlaceHolder1_Bocarc1_txtMaxMicrRejects',
'1')
time.sleep(2)
ie.buttonClick('_ctl0_ContentPlaceHolder1_arc1_btnUpdate')
time.sleep2

coldpizza

This is not a Pamie issue. Pamie can only see the HTML part of the
page. Any object embedded in the page using the <object> or <embed>
tags is not accessible to the browser, and the browser has no idea
what is inside those objects - it simply passes control to the
corresponding plugin, such as Java, Flash, ActiveX, etc.

To script user interaction with an applet you will probably need some
expensive commercial software such as QuickTestPro or SilkTest.

Pamie is IE-only and does not seem to be actively developed. If you
need a good and robust HTML testing framework look into Selenium,
especially Selenium Remote Control, which can be used with a number of
languages including Python.

As for embedded stuff like Flash or Java applets, there is no freeware
tool that I am aware of which would be able to work with both HTML and
stuff like Flash or Java applets.

Best,
cp