Newbie request : Forms to collect data and e mail to me

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Victor, Aug 17, 2005.

  1. Victor

    Victor Guest

    Hi

    I'm new to HTML

    I wish to set up a FREE website with a simple form - some 10 ~ 15
    questions, where the visitor can submit answers and these answers would
    be e mailed to me

    So I need your help in identifying

    Good Free websites

    Some simple HTML form generators where I'd have a menu or wizard to
    develop the form

    Any help would be appreciated

    Thanks in advance

    and best regards

    Victor
    Victor, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Victor wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm new to HTML
    >
    > I wish to set up a FREE website with a simple form - some 10 ~ 15
    > questions, where the visitor can submit answers and these answers
    > would be e mailed to me
    >
    > So I need your help in identifying
    >
    > Good Free websites
    >
    > Some simple HTML form generators where I'd have a menu or wizard to
    > develop the form
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > and best regards

    I'm assuming you mean some sort of feedback form or survey. There are
    plenty of free form processing providers, one of them is Bravenet.com.

    Please have a look at the description of these two Bravenet services
    and see if any of these look like what you're after:
    http://www.bravenet.com/webtools/emailfwd/index.php
    http://www.bravenet.com/webtools/vote/index.php

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Victor

    jafar Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:52:29 -0700, Victor wrote:

    > I wish to set up a FREE website with a simple form - some 10 ~ 15
    > questions, where the visitor can submit answers and these answers would

    I think PHP would be the answer for you.
    The free tutorial at the link below should get you started.

    http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

    --
    Jafar Calley
    Producer - http://moonlife-records.com
    jafar, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Victor

    Philip Baker Guest

    In article <>, Victor
    <> writes

    See http://www.thalasson.com
    --
    Philip Baker
    Philip Baker, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Philip Baker wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Victor <> writes
    > >
    > > I wish to set up a FREE website with a simple form - some 10 ~ 15
    > > questions, where the visitor can submit answers and these answers
    > > would be e mailed to me

    > See http://www.thalasson.com

    Although a useful tool, this one does appear to be a spammer pot o'
    gold, since the recipient is specified as one of the fields (which
    potentially can be typed in).

    Further information on Matt Wright's FormMail script (which has been in
    focus for exactly such an issue) can be found here:
    http://www.html-faq.com/cgi/?secureformmail

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Aug 18, 2005
  6. Victor

    Philip Baker Guest

    In article <>, =?iso-
    8859-1?q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?= <> writes
    >Philip Baker wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> Victor <> writes
    >> >
    >> > I wish to set up a FREE website with a simple form - some 10 ~ 15
    >> > questions, where the visitor can submit answers and these answers
    >> > would be e mailed to me

    >> See http://www.thalasson.com

    >Although a useful tool, this one does appear to be a spammer pot o'
    >gold, since the recipient is specified as one of the fields (which
    >potentially can be typed in).

    It may seem to be but it isn't. It has been operating for over seven
    years and so far all attempts by potential spammers to use it in the way
    you imply have failed.
    --
    Philip Baker
    Philip Baker, Aug 18, 2005