Newbie: Return a xml-document to client

Daniel Johansson

Hi

I have a webservice that generates a xmldocument when you call it either
from a .aspx-site or with http-GET.
eg. http://...ws.asmx/method?arg1&arg2
I now want to present this xmldocument for the user i his/her webclient (eg
Internet Explorer). I cannot return the xml-document as a dataset since
"
The same table (ContactAddress) cannot be the child table in two nested
relations.
at System.Data.DataRelation.CheckNestedRelations()
"

A problem with the datasets. Hence my xmldocument isn´t compatible with a
dataset.

My question is how i should solve this problem. I can return a void and
simply Redirect to the place
where my xml-document is but that isn´t very nice.

And btw, how do I stream and return the xmldocument, it doesn´t seem
practicle to write a new
document for every request.

Regards
// Daniel

simon taylor

How about returning the actual xml it as a string ? Then on your
client app discard the SOAP envelope, extract the xml and away you go.

If I'm missing something please do say so :)
simon.