Newbie security problem

Remo Aschwanden

Hi

I tried to write a webservice for test purposes. I have some PHP
experience but am a newbie in C# ASP.NET web development.

On the development machine (VS 2005) I create an empty ASP.NET web
service project and added the [WebMethod] "HelloWorld" to it. When the
service is run from the IDE by the development server, everything seems
to be fine.

Now I copied the files to an IIS virtual directory and tried to call the
method. Now I get the error message "Server application not available"
(this is my english translation of the german text). When I take a look
into the application event log I see a warning (source: ASP.NET
2.0.50727.0)

System.IO.FileLoad Exeption
The file or assembly System.Web ... has not been found. Access
denied. ...

followed by an error message (source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0)

The request could not be processed because the ASP.NET process
identity has no read access to the global assembly cache.

In the IIS virtual directory I have enabled anonymous access by the
default IUSR_... user, i.e. I did not change the default settings.

Ì am totally unexperienced in .NET-Security in general and ASP.NET
security in particular.

Do I have to grant more rights to this user? Which rights? Where do I do
that?

The development machine is a virtual machine (Virtual PC, XP Prof). I
originally installed the development environment, copied the virtual
machine and changed the computer name afterwards. Does this procedure
have any unwanted side effects?

Thanks you in advance for all helpful contributions.

Remo A.

Tomar

Go to inetmgr
Select your project
right click -->properties-->Directory tab
Application Name --> Remove and create application again.

Also check for local path permission on top