    call number to the call sheet?

    Thanks in advance
    Paul

    Paul Malbon, Jan 20, 2006

  2. Paul Malbon wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Newbie post here so apologies in advance....
    >
    > I have a 'Call log' form that enters details of a job into an access
    > database (works a treat) and then redirects to a page that will
    > enable you to print those details onto a call sheet. In the database,
    > the first field is an ID field which is an auto number used as a Call
    > number for the call sheet. My question is, Is there a way of
    > retrieving the call number for the item just added to the DB before
    > redirecting the page so that I can add the call number to the call
    > sheet?

    Already answered over in .db

    Please do not multipost Paul. This is definitely a database-related
    question so .asp.db was the perfect group in which to post it. Posting it
    here as well did not increase your chances of getting an answer (most of us
    subscribe to both groups). On the contrary, if somebody had taken his time
    to answer it here, only to find that it was already resolved in the other
    group, that person may have been annoyed enough to ignore any future posts
    from you, thereby decreasing your chances of getting help in the future.

    There are times when you will not be sure which group is most appropriate
    (again, this was not one of them), and you will want to post a question to
    both groups. In that situation, you should use the cross-posting technique,
    rather than posting the same message multiple times. To crosspost, put
    a semicolon-delimited* list of the newsgroups to which you wish to post in
    the To: header of your post and post it once. It, and any replies to it,
    will appear in all the newsgroups in your list. So, if I reply in .asp.db,
    my reply will also appear here in .asp.general.

    * ... or whatever delimiter is recognized by your news client

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 20, 2006