Newbie, sending text message to mobile device and SQL Server

verci

Hi guys, sorry if this seems stupid :(

I've been assign to build an application that receives some text message via
(MAIL or SMS), once I got the text I need, a search through a SQL Server
database would be done to obtain a text that will be sent to a mobile phone
via SMS, I've read some articles but have many questions, still not sure
how to obtain the webservice that the phone company uses (i.e. Sprint,
Verizon, ATT etc) , what are SQL Server Notification Services and can this
be useful in this project?, I'll really appreciate some kind of sample
project or if some of you could show me the correct way to go about
building this application.

I'm using VS2005, ASP.Net 2.0 and Sql Server 2000.

Thanks in advanced