    and the compiler cannot find javax.servlet.http.*

    Thanks in advance,
    Lem
    Lem, Apr 25, 2004

  2. On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:11:19 +0800, Lem wrote:

    > How do I compile a servlet? What are the SDKs required?
    > I have J2SE 1.4.1

    You need the J2EE (enterprise edition)
    to do servlets and JSP's. Let me know
    if you have problems at the download page
    (which seems to list a plethora of
    possibilities, all very similarly named).

    Get something like Apache/Tomcat as well,
    the server. This also allows you to run
    & view your pages locally.

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Apr 25, 2004

  3. Lem

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:11:19 +0800, "Lem" <> wrote
    or quoted :

    >How do I compile a servlet? What are the SDKs required? I have J2SE 1.4.1
    >and the compiler cannot find javax.servlet.http.*

    An implementation javax.servlet.* should come with your Servlet womb.
    Read the docs on how to set up the jars and classpaths so you can
    compile.

    Sometimes you compile with one library and run with another. ARRRGH!

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Apr 26, 2004
  4. Lem

    Mickey Segal Guest

    "Roedy Green" <> wrote in message
    > An implementation javax.servlet.* should come with your Servlet womb.

    Some getting started with servlets material is at:
    http://segal.org/java/servlets/start.html and its links. As Roedy points
    out, you can use J2SE instead of J2EE if you add the servlet JAR from a
    servlet container.
    Mickey Segal, Apr 26, 2004