newbie SQL Server 2005 connection question

SpaceMarine

hello,

i have a SQL Server instance running on a server. i have an ASP.NET
application running locally on my dev machine. in my app's web.config
i have this connection string:

<add key="connStr" value="server=MYSERVER; database=MyDb;
Integrated Security=SSPI;" />

....however, this connection is refused w/ this error message:

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted
SQL Server connection.

so the question is -- how do i setup a user in the db instance that is
associated w/ a trusted connection? currently for users i have a
"MYSERVER\ASPNET", however thats local to the server -- its not my dev
machine's ASPNET account. i tried to add one via the right-click "New
User", but wasnt able to point to the DEVMACHINE\ASPNET account.

thanks for you help.

sm

Kevin Spencer

DEVMACHINE\ASPNET is a local account on the development machine, and cannot
be seen by the other machine. Create a user account on that machine, and
have your connection string use that user's credentials.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP