[newbie] struts module problems

rmanchu

hi. i have some basic questions. please help me

1) <html:link module="/mymodule" forward="/blabla">dingdong</html:link>

does this link actually switch modules or just generate a html link
that points to the page with the module prefix attached?

2) using the above method i can go to the page on my module. however, i
cannot load any message resources defined in my module. its loading
from my default module (when i copied the keyvalue pairs into it) -
which leads me to think that modules have not been switched! what have
to do to be able to load my module level message resources. i do NOT
want to copy my module config properties into default module properties
file.

3) i tried the struts doc methods such as
/switch.do?prefix=/module&page=/mypag but it still refuses to load
message resources

4) the error for (3) n (4) are generated while loading the forwarded
page saying 'key not found' - which of course is not in the default
level properties file.

5) i've gone thru the struts-examples app which (seems to) only use the
above type link to switch modules. but i can't seem to replicate it.

please help.

also :)

when using <jsp:include> how can i pass a List to the included jsp
file?

i tried this which does not work. i can send strings the same way so
its not aproblem with my <jsp:include> tag attributes.

<% java.util.List mylist = new java.util.LinkedList(); %>
<jsp:include blahblah>
<jsp:param name="mylist" value="<%= mylist %>
</jsp:include>

thanks in advance.
appreciate you help.