newbie - stupid install question

Guest

In addition to index.html, your host will look for default.aspx (presuming it
supports asp.net, which is not the case with many hosters). The search order
depends on how IIS is configured (in IIS you can specify which pages to use
as the default, and in which order it looks for them, but your hoster likely
won't let you get at this).

So, get rid of index.html and rename your web form to default.aspx. Or, make
default.aspx or index.html a list of links to your real pages. Or, navigate
directly to mysite.com/webform1.aspx.

Bill

Guest

There is a setting in IIS for a defualt document. The file can by anything
including WebForm1.aspx. Your host should have a control panel where you can
control this option. There is a default asp.net file with IIS, it is
default.aspx. I suggest you use this instead of WebForm1.aspx. It will make
moving your project to different servers easier.

HTH MikeL