Newbie Tkinter problem...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Baltor, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Baltor

    Baltor Guest

    I am trying to attach a scollbar to a text field. This is the code
    I am using:

    # Scroll Bar and Text Box

    self.scrollbar = Scrollbar(master, orient=VERTICAL)

    self.scrollbar.pack(side=RIGHT, fill=Y)

    self.text = Text(master, height=5, width=20, state=DISABLED,
    yscrollcommand=self.scrollbar.set)

    self.text.grid(row=2, column=1, rowspan=2)

    self.scrollbar.config(command=self.text.yview)

    When I run the program, the program freezes and I have to Ctrl-Alt-
    Delete put of it. What's wrong?

    Thanks in advance.

    Baltor, Aug 30, 2003