Newbie to Perl

Jay Dee

Hello all,

I am running Windows XP

Currently I only no Python script and I only started that about 6
months ago but well setting up a website it is on about the Perl
language for usage in CGI scripts

Unfortunately I don't know much about ether,

Anyone got any pointers,

And it is trying to get me to perches an FTP client called WS_FTP from
http://www.ipswitch.com/ and I don't like paying for things that I
don't know much about, do I have to buy this or not, or should I buy
a different one.

Thanks Jay Dee

Brian Wakem

Jay said:
Hello all,

I am running Windows XP

Currently I only no Python script and I only started that about 6
months ago but well setting up a website it is on about the Perl
language for usage in CGI scripts

Unfortunately I don't know much about ether,

Anyone got any pointers,

And it is trying to get me to perches an FTP client called WS_FTP from
http://www.ipswitch.com/ and I don't like paying for things that I
don't know much about, do I have to buy this or not, or should I buy
a different one.

Thanks Jay Dee

I am trying hard to find a perl question in there. I just can't see one.
Do you have one?

Emmanuel Florac

Le Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:13:49 -0700, Jay Dee a écrit :
Hello all,

I am running Windows XP

Currently I only no Python script and I only started that about 6 months
ago but well setting up a website it is on about the Perl language for
usage in CGI scripts

Unfortunately I don't know much about ether,

Anyone got any pointers,

Get activePerl from activeState to have perl on your machine. Get a
proper editor ig you haven't got one already : Open Perl IDE (on
sourceforge.net), Context, or Eclipse, or...
And it is trying to get me to perches an FTP client called WS_FTP from
http://www.ipswitch.com/ and I don't like paying for things that I don't
know much about, do I have to buy this or not, or should I buy a different
one.

What are you talking about? If you're looking for a free ftp client (or
server) try filezilla (sourceforge.net too).

BTW, next time you have a question to ask, please try to make it
understandable.

Sherm Pendley

Jay Dee said:
Currently I only no Python script and I only started that about 6
months ago but well setting up a website it is on about the Perl
language for usage in CGI scripts

Unfortunately I don't know much about ether,

If you *want* to learn Perl, welcome! But you don't *have* to write in
Perl, simply because you're writing a CGI script. CGIs can be written
in any language, including Python.
Anyone got any pointers,

Lots of 'em: said:
And it is trying to get me to perches an FTP client called WS_FTP from
http://www.ipswitch.com/ and I don't like paying for things that I
don't know much about,

Why not just download a trial version and give it a go? Try some other
clients too. In this day and age, there is absolutely *no* reason to buy
a software package blindly.

sherm--

Jay Dee

Thank you all

I have downloaded Filezilla for my webpage and I have downloaded Perl
as well

And sorry for not making my self clear