    don't know much about, do I have to buy this or not, or should I buy
    a different one.

    Thanks Jay Dee

    Jay Dee, Apr 17, 2006

  2. Jay Dee

    Brian Wakem Guest

    Jay Dee wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am running Windows XP
    >
    > Currently I only no Python script and I only started that about 6
    > months ago but well setting up a website it is on about the Perl
    > language for usage in CGI scripts
    >
    > Unfortunately I don't know much about ether,
    >
    > Anyone got any pointers,
    >
    > And it is trying to get me to perches an FTP client called WS_FTP from
    > http://www.ipswitch.com/ and I don't like paying for things that I
    > don't know much about, do I have to buy this or not, or should I buy
    > a different one.
    >
    > Thanks Jay Dee

    I am trying hard to find a perl question in there. I just can't see one.
    Do you have one?

    --
    Brian Wakem

    Brian Wakem, Apr 17, 2006

  3. Le Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:13:49 -0700, Jay Dee a écrit :

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am running Windows XP
    >
    > Currently I only no Python script and I only started that about 6 months
    > ago but well setting up a website it is on about the Perl language for
    > usage in CGI scripts
    >
    > Unfortunately I don't know much about ether,
    >
    > Anyone got any pointers,

    Get activePerl from activeState to have perl on your machine. Get a
    proper editor ig you haven't got one already : Open Perl IDE (on
    sourceforge.net), Context, or Eclipse, or...

    > And it is trying to get me to perches an FTP client called WS_FTP from
    > http://www.ipswitch.com/ and I don't like paying for things that I don't
    > know much about, do I have to buy this or not, or should I buy a different
    > one.

    What are you talking about? If you're looking for a free ftp client (or
    server) try filezilla (sourceforge.net too).

    BTW, next time you have a question to ask, please try to make it
    understandable.

    --
    on passe la moitié de son temps à refaire ce que l'on n'a pas eu le
    temps de faire correctement.

    Emmanuel Florac, Apr 17, 2006
  4. "Jay Dee" <> writes:

    > Currently I only no Python script and I only started that about 6
    > months ago but well setting up a website it is on about the Perl
    > language for usage in CGI scripts
    >
    > Unfortunately I don't know much about ether,

    If you *want* to learn Perl, welcome! But you don't *have* to write in
    Perl, simply because you're writing a CGI script. CGIs can be written
    in any language, including Python.

    Lots of 'em: <http://learn.perl.org>.

    > And it is trying to get me to perches an FTP client called WS_FTP from
    > http://www.ipswitch.com/ and I don't like paying for things that I
    > don't know much about,

    Why not just download a trial version and give it a go? Try some other
    clients too. In this day and age, there is absolutely *no* reason to buy
    a software package blindly.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Apr 17, 2006
  5. Jay Dee

    Jay Dee Guest

    Thank you all

    I have downloaded Filezilla for my webpage and I have downloaded Perl
    as well

    And sorry for not making my self clear

    Jay Dee, Apr 18, 2006