Newbie: Trouble with postback

clsmith66

I have a form that populates a tree view depending on the date selected. The
date on the form is represented by two drop down lists on the form, one for
the month and one for the year. I also have two image buttons on the form
for navigation so the user can scroll month to month. If I change the date
using the drop down lists everything works okay. My problem is if I click on
one of the navigation buttons, the button fires the forms postback before
click event for the button. I need the click event to fire first so I can
change the date before posting back the page. Why would this happen? As far
as I can tell there is no auto post back attribute for the image button to
turn off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.