Newbie - Trying to extract all HTML tags from a text file

AMT2K5

Hello, I need to extract all HTML from a text file of HTML that I used
HTML::LWP on...

getstore
('http://scoreboards.canoe.ca/default.asp?c=canoe&page=soc-eng/
stand/standing.htm', 'results.txt') or die 'Page Not Found';

I want to use this code

use HTML::parse;
use HTML::FormatText;
my($plain_text) = 'results.txt'
$plain_text = HTML::FormatText->new->format(parse_html($html_text));

but everytime I check the text file I still see no changes.

Appreciate any help whatsoever

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

AMT2K5 said:
Hello, I need to extract all HTML from a text file of HTML that I used
HTML::LWP on...

What's HTML::LWP?
getstore
('http://scoreboards.canoe.ca/default.asp?c=canoe&page=soc-eng/
stand/standing.htm', 'results.txt') or die 'Page Not Found';

I want to use this code

use HTML::parse;
use HTML::FormatText;
my($plain_text) = 'results.txt'
$plain_text = HTML::FormatText->new->format(parse_html($html_text));

but everytime I check the text file I still see no changes.

Appreciate any help whatsoever

Then ask Perl for help by including

use strict;
use warnings;

in your code, and have Perl detect your most obvious mistakes.