Newbie Using a Remoted Object Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Adam, Apr 19, 2005.

  1. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Hi,

    I have a web project written in asp.net, vb and runs a SQL Server 2000
    back end. My Data Tier will be on another machine run as a remote
    object. For now I am testing it on one machine using HTTP as the
    transport layer. When trying to connect my Event Viewer catches this
    error...

    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be
    found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
    information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
    computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
    description; see Help and Support for details. The following
    information is part of the event: Error in StoreWebObject,
    object=Customer, method=CustomerLogin , message=The underlying
    connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server..

    I've run a TCP Trace on it and this is the result I get from that...

    HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
    Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:41:42 GMT

    HTTP/1.1 500 Server encountered an internal error. To get more info
    turn on customErrors in the server's config file.
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
    Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:41:44 GMT

    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found

    Any suggestions on where I can go from here? Should I provide more of
    my code?

    Adam.
    Adam, Apr 19, 2005