Newbie, VIN Number decoder help

axelman

Hi guys

I'm using VS2005, ASP.net 2.0 and SQL Server 2005

I've been asked to create a decoder app for cars VIN Number , I thought
maybe some of you could offer some advise, examples or links to go about
this project in ASP.net 2.0 using VB or C#, is there some kind of web
service we can hook up to? this since we don't have a database with this
info, or where do we get one?, any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in
advanced.

Best regards

Carlos Maggiotti

Favor de escribir en castellano aqui...!

Write in Spanish here..!!!

THANKS
Carlos MAggiotti

axelman

Thanks guys for your help, I think this is going to be a pain in the
.......... project. :D

Gracias

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

First, figure out how to parse the VIN. It is actually quite simple. You
then have to get all of the data into the database, as each manufacturer
does things a bit different.