newbie: what is the name on this?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Oct 8, 2006.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    hey

    asp.net 2.0

    I came accross in the asp.net 2.0 documentation while ago a section about
    changing the URL from for example being like this
    www.helloworld.com\test\profile\user\newbie\default.aspx to be like this
    www.helloworld.com\newbie . This could be set in web.config. Well, maybe it
    doesn't work exactly as I mention I above, I'm wondering what this is
    called?? I want to look up in the dokumention about this and find it very
    hard when I don't know what this subject is called...

    I'm trying to develop a portal (give me practice in using asp.net 2.0 is the
    main goal with it), and placing all the webpages in the root folder seem not
    like a good idea to me... the root folder will soon become floated with many
    web pages. That's why I want to move the pages into different subfolders,
    but still have let the URL look nice....

    Any suggestion on what this is called? a link to info about this is also
    welcome!

    Jeff
    Jeff, Oct 8, 2006

  2. URL Mapping:
    http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3581326

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 8, 2006