    currently uses JSP (with traditional tables for layout), Java
    Servlets/Classes in Tomcat (and other servlet containers) and SQL for data
    sources.

    WJ, Nov 29, 2003

  2. WJ wrote:

    > I've been reading up on this for the last few days. I almost want to say
    > that XHTML and XML/XSL are the same thing, essentially.

    XML is an extensible format.

    XHTML is an XML-based format describing hypertext.

    XSL is an XML-based format describing transformations of XML.

    How can XHTML and XSL then be "the same thing, essentially"?

    Julian Reschke, Nov 29, 2003

  3. WJ

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:09:26 -0800, "WJ" <> wrote:

    >I almost want to say
    >that XHTML and XML/XSL are the same thing, essentially.

    That's good, because if you _really_ wanted to say that, you'd be
    talking rubbish.

    Andy Dingley, Dec 5, 2003