NEWBIE: XML restriction query

Victor

Hi, I have defined the following that limits values for <COUNTING> to
be ONE, TWO or THREE. I want to modify it so the base isn't a string
anymore but a long, and accept ANY long as valid, but I still want to
accept the values ONE, TWO, or THREE. Can this be done?

Thank you
Victor

<xs:simpleType name="COUNTING">
<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
<xs:enumeration value="ONE"/>
<xs:enumeration value="TWO"/>
<xs:enumeration value="THREE"/>
</xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

The following would be valid against a new restriction

ONE
TWO
17
65
THREE
ONE
765
861
12
67

The following would be invalid
ONE
TWO
FOUR
17
65
THREE
ONE
765

BarryNL

Victor said:
Hi, I have defined the following that limits values for <COUNTING> to
be ONE, TWO or THREE. I want to modify it so the base isn't a string
anymore but a long, and accept ANY long as valid, but I still want to
accept the values ONE, TWO, or THREE. Can this be done?

You could use a regular expression as the restriction, eg:
"ONE|TWO|THREE|[1-9][0-9]+"

Victor

Thanks - so simple.
Victor.