newbie

Rich

I just downloaded the beginner package from the "Python" site, and
would like some advice as to how to begin to learn how to program.

Is there exercise to do, or do I need to wade through the site?
TIA
Rich

Michael Peuser

Rich said:
I just downloaded the beginner package from the "Python" site, and
would like some advice as to how to begin to learn how to program.

(1) It is of no little impact what IDE you use. A good IDE can extremely
reduce frustration.... Do use IDLE; there are drawbacks but on the whole it
is helpful.

(2) Read code! By chance I found the code snippets from the Python Bible
(with a lot of Tkinter in between)

http://www.pythonapocrypha.com/Chapter1/Chapter1.shtml

Kindly
Michael P