    there some exercise I might get into?

    TIA
    Rich

    Rich, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Rich

    Gerrit Holl Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > I have just downloaded the software from the "Python" site, so I can
    > learn how to program,or at least start to learn.

    Congratulations!

    > What should be my next move? should I wade through the site, or are
    > there some exercise I might get into?

    After installation, you can start. There are a lot of tutorials and
    introductory books on the web and for sale. It is also advisable
    to subscribe to the tutor mailing list: look for it at the Python
    website.

    yours,
    Gerrit.

    --
    146. If a man take a wife and she give this man a maid-servant as wife
    and she bear him children, and then this maid assume equality with the

    Gerrit Holl, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Rich <> writes:

    > I have just downloaded the software from the "Python" site, so I can
    > learn how to program,or at least start to learn.
    >
    > What should be my next move? should I wade through the site, or are
    > there some exercise I might get into?

    If http://www.python.org/topics/learn doesn't suit, those who maintain
    it would like to know why not!

    Cheers,
    mwh

    --
    3. Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon.

    Michael Hudson, Aug 27, 2003