    how strong this language is, it would be appreciated.

    regards
    Sree
    Sree, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Sree

    Paul Lalli Guest

    Paul Lalli, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Sree

    Fatted Guest

    Bernard El-Hagin wrote:
    > (Sree) wrote:
    >

    >>Hi all,
    >> I am new to this perl scripting language.Please help me in
    >> starting
    >>this.(by giving some URLs and some good books name).If you can
    >>tell me how strong this language is, it would be appreciated.

    > It can lift a two ton truck with its bare hands.

    How does that compare to other languages?
    Fatted, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Sree

    Tore Aursand Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 15:41:21 +0200, Fatted wrote:
    >>> If you can tell me how strong this language is, it would be
    >>> appreciated.

    >> It can lift a two ton truck with its bare hands.

    > How does that compare to other languages?

    Most languages can lift a two ton truck, but Perl is able to do it in many
    different ways...? :)

    --
    Tore Aursand <>
    "When you love someone, all your saved-up wishes start coming out."
    Tore Aursand, Jun 8, 2004
  5. Bernard El-Hagin <> wrote:
    > (Sree) wrote:
    >

    >> If you can
    >> tell me how strong this language is, it would be appreciated.

    > It can lift a two ton truck with its bare hands.

    You can smell it from 10km away.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Jun 8, 2004

    For all things Perl: http://www.perl.org/
    Learning Perl: http://learn.perl.org/
    David K. Wall, Jun 8, 2004
  7. Sree

    Ian Wilson Guest

    Sree wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I am new to this perl scripting language.Please help me in starting
    > this.(by giving some URLs and some good books name).

    Take your SUV to a bookstore, hand over your credit card, say "Give me
    all your O'Reilly books now!" and wait patiently.

    > If you can tell me
    > how strong this language is, it would be appreciated.

    Approximately 42, on the Adams scale.
    Ian Wilson, Jun 9, 2004