    The aformentioned jvm or the jvm came with jdk 1.2 ?
    Plz help .
    Regards

    vectrum, Feb 11, 2004

  2. "vectrum" <> wrote in message news:<c0e1ar$16247b$-berlin.de>...
    > THANX hiwa.for your help........
    >
    > I have downloaded tomcat 5.0.18 to test simple servlets
    > and java mail API . I installed tomcat in drive D whereas
    > my my jdk 1.2 is in drive C:\. At the time of installation tomcat asked
    > which jvm it was to be installed on(or rather "used" ) and displayed
    > c:\program files\jre\ as a default.
    > Is that setting ok or shall I have to uninstall tomcat and install again in
    > C:\ ? And which jvm I should choose ?
    > The aformentioned jvm or the jvm came with jdk 1.2 ?
    > Plz help .
    > Regards

    You never mentioned if it worked or not...

    Linda van der Pal, Feb 13, 2004

  3. vectrum

    vectrum Guest

    Thanx for your reply. I couldn't started tomcat. Whenever I try to click
    in start server it displays prompt and shutdown after few seconds. I
    downloaded tomcat.exe

    vectrum, Feb 14, 2004
  4. The question is, is there actually a file c:\program files\jre\? It
    might be a default setting that only assumes there is one there. If
    you're not sure of the version in that location you might want to
    change the setting to your own jre directory (with version 1.2). And
    personally I would upgrade your jre. Unless of course you have a very
    good reason not to (like usage of deprecated classes/methods).

    Linda van der Pal, Feb 16, 2004