[Newby] Problem with compilation.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Guest, Dec 9, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi folks!

    Can't compile my file due to some problems with crypt module.
    My platform is WinXP:
    First I launch my Python Shell,
    Than I open the *.py file,
    Next I press F5 to 'run module'
    The message is: "ImportError: No module named crypt"

    Few lines of code for example:

    import posix
    import posixpath
    from crypt import *

    startRecord = 0
    inRecord = 1

    Thanks for help.

    Guest, Dec 9, 2004

    j vickroy Guest

    The Python modules documentation indicates crypt is only available on Unix
    platforms.

    j vickroy, Dec 9, 2004

  3. There is a work-alike cross-platform "fcrypt.py" module which can be
    used to replace crypt on non-unix platforms. Google to find it.

    HTH,
    Mike

    j vickroy wrote:

    >The Python modules documentation indicates crypt is only available on Unix
    >platforms.

    <original problem with lib requiring crypt snipped>
    Mike C. Fletcher
    Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
    http://www.vrplumber.com
    http://blog.vrplumber.com

    Mike C. Fletcher, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

    > There is a work-alike cross-platform "fcrypt.py" module which can be used to replace crypt on
    > non-unix platforms. Google to find it.

    (or read earlier posts to this thread)

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Dec 9, 2004