    smed Guest

    how can i make that my site cover the entire screen, even if i used
    favorites or not?
    smed, Aug 22, 2004

  2. smed

    Neal Guest

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:07:11 +0200, smed <> wrote:

    I'm not sure what you're asking, so if I'm off, please ask again in
    different words.

    > how can i make that my site cover the entire screen,

    You can't. Your page is displayed in the user's viewport. The user could
    opt to set the browser to "full-screen" if offered, but that's not within
    your control. Instead, design your page fluidly so it uses whatever size
    viewport the user happens to be at.

    > even if i used
    > favorites or not?

    I don't know how the user setting a bookmark would make a difference here.
    Neal, Aug 22, 2004

  3. smed

    Toby Inkster Guest

    smed wrote:

    > how can i make that my site cover the entire screen, even if i used
    > favorites or not?

    Pressing F11 usually does it.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Aug 22, 2004
  4. Toby Inkster <> wrote:

    > smed wrote:
    >
    >> how can i make that my site cover the entire screen, even if i used
    >> favorites or not?

    > Pressing F11 usually does it.

    But Toby, you didn't tell "smed", the person who describes her or his
    problem with the Subject "newby", how to force all users press F11
    when they enter a page created by "smed". You weren't helpful, were you?
    My advice is that "smed" should establish a foundation that aims at full
    dominance over Earth. And I would suggest the mantra "all your base are
    belong to us".

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 22, 2004
  5. smed

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

    > But Toby, you didn't tell "smed", the person who describes her or his
    > problem with the Subject "newby", how to force all users press F11
    > when they enter a page created by "smed".

    My advice there would be to password protect the page, make users register
    for a password by snail mail and then put the following on each page:

    don't, please be aware that I can be a <strong>very</strong> violent man.
    And I know where you live.</p>

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./bruce_springsteen/gratest_hits/17_blood_brothers.ogg
    Toby Inkster, Aug 22, 2004
  6. smed

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Aug 22, 2004
  7. smed

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <4128b68e$0$330$>, smeed-NOSPAM-
    @skynet.be says...
    > how can i make that my site cover the entire screen, even if i used
    > favorites or not?

    huh?
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free
    WebcastMaker, Aug 23, 2004
  8. smed

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <Xns954DBFD41C899jkorpelacstutfi@193.229.0.31>,
    says...
    > My advice is that "smed" should establish a foundation that aims at full
    > dominance over Earth. And I would suggest the mantra "all your base are
    > belong to us".

    Been toking the doobie again eh?
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free
    WebcastMaker, Aug 23, 2004
  9. smed

    Neal Guest

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:04:34 -0400, WebcastMaker <> wrote:

    > In article <Xns954DBFD41C899jkorpelacstutfi@193.229.0.31>,
    > says...
    >> My advice is that "smed" should establish a foundation that aims at full
    >> dominance over Earth. And I would suggest the mantra "all your base are
    >> belong to us".

    > Been toking the doobie again eh?

    Problem with that?
    Neal, Aug 23, 2004
  10. smed

    rf Guest

    WebcastMaker wrote:
    > In article <4128b68e$0$330$>, smeed-NOSPAM-
    > @skynet.be says...
    > > how can i make that my site cover the entire screen, even if i used
    > > favorites or not?

    > huh?

    The "favourites" sidebar that IE uses (hint: X-Newsreader: Microsoft
    Outlook Express ...) and no, Toby, F11 does not get rid of it, just makes
    it bigger :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Aug 23, 2004
  11. While the city slept, Neal () feverishly typed...

    > On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:04:34 -0400, WebcastMaker <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> In article <Xns954DBFD41C899jkorpelacstutfi@193.229.0.31>,
    >> says...
    >>> My advice is that "smed" should establish a foundation that aims at
    >>> full dominance over Earth. And I would suggest the mantra "all your
    >>> base are belong to us".

    >> Been toking the doobie again eh?

    > Problem with that?

    Only if he bogarts it! ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk
    nice.guy.nige, Aug 23, 2004
  12. smed

    Toby Inkster Guest

    rf wrote:
    > WebcastMaker wrote:
    >> says...
    >>> how can i make that my site cover the entire screen, even if i used
    >>> favorites or not?

    >> huh?

    > The "favourites" sidebar that IE uses (hint: X-Newsreader: Microsoft
    > Outlook Express ...) and no, Toby, F11 does not get rid of it, just makes
    > it bigger :)

    Ah. I figured "even if I used favourites" was referring to the OP's method
    of reaching the site (vs clicking a link or typing a URL)

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Aug 23, 2004