Newer than a Newbe

None

Hello,
I am just starting to look into python.I have been prog with php for
several years.My question is:
Can/Is Python used as a web scripting language , and if so do many hosts
support it?
Thanks
Mike

bruno modulix

None said:
Hello,
I am just starting to look into python.I have been prog with php for
several years.My question is:
Can/Is Python used as a web scripting language
Yes, definitively.

There are in fact almost too many web-programming solutions in Python,
from the good ole cgi to the full-blown web application server.
, and if so do many hosts
support it?
No.

Thanks

You're welcome !-)

Peter Hansen

gene said:
Truthfully, the number of frameworks is staggering, tho some are
specialized for blogs/wiki, search engine, PIM, etc.
[snip massive yet even so incomplete list]

It's called biodiversity and, while generally this is a good thing, I
think it's high time for some of these Python web frameworks to start
mating and having nice little baby web frameworks which keep all the
good genes and dispense with the bad. :)

Actually, I strongly suspect this is already happening, as there are
clear signs the latest generation of frameworks is quite a bit more
sophisticated than the earlier ones.

So... does anyone have a nice framework with TLS and sessions support,
which they'd like to rent out for stud? ;-)

-Peter

Luis M. Gonzalez

linuxfreak said:
Look at Karrigell. Its a web framework for Python

http://karrigell.sourceforge.net

I second this suggestion.
Karrigell is a pleasure to work with and I'm sure it will appeal any
python fun who dare to play with it.
I also hope Pierre (its developer) lose some of his modesty and start
to show off this beatifull framework :)
because so far, he's been reluctant to promote it until he is 100% sure
it's mature and stable (it's been ready for a long time though).