    if i am comparing apples with oranges, but what i mean is , which is the
    best approach for a mobile hand-held / pocket PC ?

    Thanks.
    moko, Aug 22, 2004

  2. moko

    JuanDG Guest

    ASP.NET Mobile Web Forms (formerly known as Microsoft Mobile Internet
    Toolkit), let you build web applications viewable through browsers like
    those installed on PDA's and cellphones. but it keeps being a web
    application, it resides in a server so you need a connection with the server
    (through Wi-Fi or cellnetwork) at all times. the advantage is that no
    software has to be installed in the device.

    Smart Devices App is a compact framework application that resides in the
    mobile device, it requires no connection with a server (although you can
    make an application who connects with the server, but in general a
    connection is not "always" required), the disadvantage is that you have to
    install .NET compact framework on the device, and off course your
    application.

    I hope this clears your doubt (hopefully my bad English didn't obscured the
    concept lol).

    cheers!!!

    --

    Juan David Gomez A.