News on versions modules for Python-2.5?

Méta-MCI

Hi, all!

Any news, on release Python-2.5 for many modules/lib?
Some exemples:

Console (Effbot)
SciPy
Iconvcodec
DirectPython
SendKeys
Dislin
PyGame
Twain
etc.

And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?

ReportLab
Pyrex
ComTypes
PythonNet
Gmpy
Kodos
Candygram
Venster
etc.

(tip: I am on windows, and I don't can/know compile any module)

Thanks by advance, and sorry for eventuals troubles (and for my "super"
english)...

Michel Claveau

Thomas Heller

Méta-MCI said:
Hi, all!

Any news, on release Python-2.5 for many modules/lib?
Some exemples:

Console (Effbot)
SciPy
Iconvcodec
DirectPython
SendKeys
Dislin
PyGame
Twain
etc.

And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?

ReportLab
Pyrex
ComTypes
PythonNet
Gmpy
Kodos
Candygram
Venster
etc.

comtypes and venster to not contain any C code, so changes are good
that they work in Python 2.5 as well. AFAIK, venster still uses the
no longer supported ctypes.com package, it should be updated to
use comtypes instead.

Thomas

John J. Lee

Méta-MCI said:
And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?

ReportLab
[...]

Most of the code is pure Python and I don't recall any 2.5-specific
bug reports yet. For the (optional) parts that are written in C,
there are 2.5 Windows binaries already on reportlab.org:

http://reportlab.org/downloads.html

John

sjdevnull

Méta-MCI said:
And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?

ReportLab

I can't confirm it's 100% independent, but I have been using reportlab
on Windows and Linux with Python 2.5.

John J. Lee

I can't confirm it's 100% independent, but I have been using reportlab
on Windows and Linux with Python 2.5.

If anything in the ReportLab open source toolkit doesn't work with
Python 2.5, it's a bug. (and as I say, I don't remember any bug
reports about problems using it with Python 2.5 yet)

I'm not really sure what "100% independent of Python version" means,
but guessing that in practice, what the OP was interested in was
"supported under, and works fine with, Pythons 2.4 and 2.5", and the
answer to that is a definite "yes" :)

John

Dennis Lee Bieber

I'm not really sure what "100% independent of Python version" means,
but guessing that in practice, what the OP was interested in was
"supported under, and works fine with, Pythons 2.4 and 2.5", and the
answer to that is a definite "yes" :)
In the realms of Windows OS, I suspect this meant "it does not need
to be rebuilt for 2.5" (ie, a standalone "binary" Windows installer).
Which condition would apply for anything that was, I'd think, pure
Python (.py) files -- no added DLL/PYD compiled modules.
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

michels

Méta-MCI said:
Hi, all!

Any news, on release Python-2.5 for many modules/lib?
Some exemples:

Console (Effbot)
SciPy
Iconvcodec
DirectPython
SendKeys
Dislin
PyGame
Twain
etc.

Dislin is recompiled for Python 2.5 and Windows. The new extension
module 'dislin.pyd'
for Python 2.5 is added to the current Dislin distribution for Python.
Dislin is
available from the site http://www.dislin.de.

Regards,

Helmut Michels
A Dislin module froython 2.5 and Windows is now available from