News on versions modules for Python-2.5?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Méta-MCI, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. Méta-MCI

    Méta-MCI Guest

    Hi, all!

    Any news, on release Python-2.5 for many modules/lib?
    Some exemples:

    Console (Effbot)
    SciPy
    Iconvcodec
    DirectPython
    SendKeys
    Dislin
    PyGame
    Twain
    etc.

    And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?

    ReportLab
    Pyrex
    ComTypes
    PythonNet
    Gmpy
    Kodos
    Candygram
    Venster
    etc.

    (tip: I am on windows, and I don't can/know compile any module)

    Thanks by advance, and sorry for eventuals troubles (and for my "super"
    english)...

    Michel Claveau
    Méta-MCI, Oct 6, 2006

  2. Méta-MCI schrieb:
    > Hi, all!
    >

    > Any news, on release Python-2.5 for many modules/lib?
    > Some exemples:
    >
    > Console (Effbot)
    > SciPy
    > Iconvcodec
    > DirectPython
    > SendKeys
    > Dislin
    > PyGame
    > Twain
    > etc.
    >

    > And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?
    >
    > ReportLab
    > Pyrex
    > ComTypes
    > PythonNet
    > Gmpy
    > Kodos
    > Candygram
    > Venster
    > etc.

    comtypes and venster to not contain any C code, so changes are good
    that they work in Python 2.5 as well. AFAIK, venster still uses the
    no longer supported ctypes.com package, it should be updated to
    use comtypes instead.

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Oct 6, 2006

  3. Méta-MCI

    John J. Lee Guest

    "Méta-MCI" <> writes:
    [...]
    > And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?
    >
    > ReportLab

    [...]

    Most of the code is pure Python and I don't recall any 2.5-specific
    bug reports yet. For the (optional) parts that are written in C,
    there are 2.5 Windows binaries already on reportlab.org:

    http://reportlab.org/downloads.html

    John
    John J. Lee, Oct 6, 2006
  4. Méta-MCI

    Guest

    Méta-MCI wrote:
    > And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?
    >
    > ReportLab

    I can't confirm it's 100% independent, but I have been using reportlab
    on Windows and Linux with Python 2.5.
    , Oct 6, 2006
  5. Méta-MCI

    Guest

    > And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?
    > Gmpy

    I've compiled gmpy for Python 2.5. It is available at
    http://home.comcast.net/~casevh/

    > (tip: I am on windows, and I don't can/know compile any module)

    casevh
    , Oct 6, 2006
  6. Méta-MCI

    MC Guest

    Hi again!

    Thank you, for all answers & contribs.

    --
    @-salutations

    Michel Claveau
    MC, Oct 7, 2006
  7. Méta-MCI

    John J. Lee Guest

    "" <> writes:

    > Méta-MCI wrote:
    > > And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?
    > >
    > > ReportLab

    > I can't confirm it's 100% independent, but I have been using reportlab
    > on Windows and Linux with Python 2.5.

    If anything in the ReportLab open source toolkit doesn't work with
    Python 2.5, it's a bug. (and as I say, I don't remember any bug
    reports about problems using it with Python 2.5 yet)

    I'm not really sure what "100% independent of Python version" means,
    but guessing that in practice, what the OP was interested in was
    "supported under, and works fine with, Pythons 2.4 and 2.5", and the
    answer to that is a definite "yes" :)

    John
    John J. Lee, Oct 7, 2006
  8. On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 11:21:50 GMT, (John J. Lee) declaimed
    the following in comp.lang.python:

    > I'm not really sure what "100% independent of Python version" means,
    > but guessing that in practice, what the OP was interested in was
    > "supported under, and works fine with, Pythons 2.4 and 2.5", and the
    > answer to that is a definite "yes" :)

    In the realms of Windows OS, I suspect this meant "it does not need
    to be rebuilt for 2.5" (ie, a standalone "binary" Windows installer).
    Which condition would apply for anything that was, I'd think, pure
    Python (.py) files -- no added DLL/PYD compiled modules.
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG

    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
    (Bestiaria Support Staff: )
    HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/
    Dennis Lee Bieber, Oct 7, 2006
  9. Méta-MCI

    Guest

    Méta-MCI schrieb:

    > Hi, all!
    >

    > Any news, on release Python-2.5 for many modules/lib?
    > Some exemples:
    >
    > Console (Effbot)
    > SciPy
    > Iconvcodec
    > DirectPython
    > SendKeys
    > Dislin
    > PyGame
    > Twain
    > etc.

    Dislin is recompiled for Python 2.5 and Windows. The new extension
    module 'dislin.pyd'
    for Python 2.5 is added to the current Dislin distribution for Python.
    Dislin is
    available from the site http://www.dislin.de.

    Regards,

    Helmut Michels
    A Dislin module froython 2.5 and Windows is now available from
    , Oct 10, 2006
  10. Méta-MCI

    MC Guest

    Hi!