News ticker tool - any good ones out there?

David Smithz

Hi there,

I need to build a news ticker tool just like the one of the following
website:

http://www.scottwilson.com/

I coincidentally came across this and thought it is what I needed (albeit
with the ability for a non technical person being able to update the links /
headlines).

does anyone know of a free / good value tool available like this to save me
coding something?

Thanks

naixn

David Smithz wrote :
Hi there,

I need to build a news ticker tool just like the one of the following
website:

http://www.scottwilson.com/

I coincidentally came across this and thought it is what I needed (albeit
with the ability for a non technical person being able to update the links /
headlines).

does anyone know of a free / good value tool available like this to save me
coding something?

Thanks

Just look at the webpage source and look for the common.js file ;)

David Smithz

Thanks for the input and an excellent looking resource. Does the particular
scroller on that page come from that same source or was this just a
recommendation to try out this sight for similar.

I notice in the code of the website I posted the following@
http://www.scottwilson.com/webresou...;t=632719640773281250&r=scroller.idscr.js

which is obviously where it gets the JS from for the scroller, but I do not
understand how to actually see this.

Just for future investigation purposes it would be good to know what's going
on here.

Thanks