    - the way how to embed it

    Thanks!

    Nicole
    Nicole, Jan 12, 2009

  2. Nicole

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:47:05 +0100, "Nicole" <Wagner> wrote:

    >HI,
    >
    >can somebody give me a hint, how to include a newsgroup of the usenet into my site?
    >I would need:
    >- the link to a server, which allows this and
    >- the way how to embed it
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >Nicole

    Exactly how do you mean that?
    As in linking to a specific message or an entire newsgroup?

    By newsfeed, you are indidicating the desire to read a news group and
    include the messages from a group within a page.
    Yes that can be done. But you need an account with a news provider
    that you pay for.

    If you're looking to create a page that looks like a newsgroup, there
    are several PHP based items that can do this. One is called "php
    headliner".

    Under standard html, the most you can achieve is to link to an
    existing message somewhere. Which is usually done with the message id.
    richard, Jan 13, 2009

  3. Nicole

    Tim Greer Guest

    "Nicole" <Wagner> wrote:

    > HI,
    >
    > can somebody give me a hint, how to include a newsgroup of the usenet
    > into my site? I would need:
    > - the link to a server, which allows this and
    > - the way how to embed it
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Nicole

    There are certain scripts, especially BBS/forum based scripts that have
    an option to include a news group feed (and populate their forum
    content with it, even, in some cases). Is there anything specific or
    special you want to do, or any specific way you want to interface with
    usenet?
    Tim Greer, Jan 13, 2009