Newsgroup auto mailers

Anand Pillai

Some of the newsgroups in comp.lang have the auto-mailing
facility where a program mails the first time poster in the
newsgroup, a welcome mail with an brief introduction to the
language and the newsgroup and useful web links for the
language.

I recently posted in comp.lang.tcl and received a rather large
welcome mail detailing tcl and the web resources for tcl/tk.

Wont it be nice to enable this for comp.lang.python since there
are so many posts asking advice for useful web resources for
python ?

Ignore this mail if this feature is already there.

Rgds
Anand Pillai

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

Anand said:
Some of the newsgroups in comp.lang have the auto-mailing
facility where a program mails the first time poster in the
newsgroup, a welcome mail with an brief introduction to the
language and the newsgroup and useful web links for the
language.

I recently posted in comp.lang.tcl and received a rather large
welcome mail detailing tcl and the web resources for tcl/tk.

I got one from the TCL group as well and found it quite useful.
Wont it be nice to enable this for comp.lang.python since there
are so many posts asking advice for useful web resources for
python ?

+1

-- Gerhard

Aahz

Some of the newsgroups in comp.lang have the auto-mailing facility
where a program mails the first time poster in the newsgroup, a welcome
mail with an brief introduction to the language and the newsgroup and
useful web links for the language.

I recently posted in comp.lang.tcl and received a rather large welcome
mail detailing tcl and the web resources for tcl/tk.

Wont it be nice to enable this for comp.lang.python since there are so
many posts asking advice for useful web resources for python ?

Send this suggestion to (e-mail address removed)

One possible problem with the current implementation of Mailman is that
there's no option for a one-time auto-responder, but I guess most people
won't whine too much if they get the auto-response once every six or
twelve months.