    Ignore this mail if this feature is already there.

    Rgds
    Anand Pillai
    Anand Pillai, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Anand Pillai wrote:
    > Some of the newsgroups in comp.lang have the auto-mailing
    > facility where a program mails the first time poster in the
    > newsgroup, a welcome mail with an brief introduction to the
    > language and the newsgroup and useful web links for the
    > language.
    >
    > I recently posted in comp.lang.tcl and received a rather large
    > welcome mail detailing tcl and the web resources for tcl/tk.

    I got one from the TCL group as well and found it quite useful.

    > Wont it be nice to enable this for comp.lang.python since there
    > are so many posts asking advice for useful web resources for
    > python ?

    +1

    -- Gerhard
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Anand Pillai

    Aahz Guest

    In article <>,
    Anand Pillai <> wrote:

    >Some of the newsgroups in comp.lang have the auto-mailing facility
    >where a program mails the first time poster in the newsgroup, a welcome
    >mail with an brief introduction to the language and the newsgroup and
    >useful web links for the language.
    >
    >I recently posted in comp.lang.tcl and received a rather large welcome
    >mail detailing tcl and the web resources for tcl/tk.
    >
    >Wont it be nice to enable this for comp.lang.python since there are so
    >many posts asking advice for useful web resources for python ?

    Send this suggestion to

    One possible problem with the current implementation of Mailman is that
    there's no option for a one-time auto-responder, but I guess most people
    won't whine too much if they get the auto-response once every six or
    twelve months.
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    Usenet is not a democracy. It is a weird cross between an anarchy and a
    dictatorship.
    Aahz, Jun 30, 2003