newsgroup for javascript

dave

Hello
I m asp programmer and i have used this news group lots
of time and most of the time I got solution.
Currently I m facing javascript problem and I know its
not a proper newsgroup to post a question that's why I'm
not mention my javascript problem.
But if any one know better javascript and html news
group, I will really appreciate that!!
Thanx in advance..
P.S. If anyone interested to share my javascript problem,
i would luv to share it..
Regards
dave

Al Jones

Dave, throw it into microsoft.public.scripting.jscript the group that hang
around there are generally helpful. You occasionally have the 'helpful'
person whose replys is 'Well, that's just the gawdawfullest way to do it
I've ever seen.' and leaves it at that, but most will provide insightful
answers (if not code!!!???)

//al

Harag

Hello
I m asp programmer and i have used this news group lots
of time and most of the time I got solution.
Currently I m facing javascript problem and I know its
not a proper newsgroup to post a question that's why I'm
not mention my javascript problem.
But if any one know better javascript and html news
group, I will really appreciate that!!
Thanx in advance..
P.S. If anyone interested to share my javascript problem,
i would luv to share it..
Regards
dave

Theres 2 other groups for you to look at

1 - Client side Javascript
comp.lang.javascript

2 - more serverside than client side (imho)
microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

#1 is the more popular for clientside javascript problems with loads
of helpful people
..
Depending on what the actualy problem is there is nothing wrong with
posting it here first if this is your main group that you read (IMHO)
afterall ASP is NOT a programing language, its an enviroment. so both
VBscript & Jscript are welcome here.

If the problem leans more towards clientside coding then the nice
people here will either help you or point you in the right direction,
and the nasty ones will just say "WTF - post in a clientside group" or
something of that nature, fortunatly theres not many of these.

Only you will beable to decide if its a clientside problem or not
before posting. If it is then post in #1 above.

I would recommend that you "subscribe" to the follow 4 groups.

#1 & #2 above.
3 - microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general (this group)
4 - microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db

If you use SQL server then

5 - microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming
6 - microsoft.public.sqlserver.server

CSS
7 - netscape.public.dev.css

#7 is not very busy but sometimes has some good CSS tips.

HTH

Al.