Newsgroup Moderation (Particularly relevant to comp.lang.c++.moderated, comp.std.c++)

richard

Ted wrote (of the clc++m newsgroup moderators):
I think they have a facade they
want to maintain across the whole of the posts there.

Or alternatively, they're fed up of you repeating over and over again
that templates are bad, evil and wrong. It seemed very noticeable that
*no-one* else even remotely took your side.

Noah Roberts

Ted wrote (of the clc++m newsgroup moderators):

Or alternatively, they're fed up of you repeating over and over again
that templates are bad, evil and wrong. It seemed very noticeable that
*no-one* else even remotely took your side.

DAMN!!! You guys are still arguing with this doof??!!

LOL!!

Ted

Ted wrote (of the clc++m newsgroup moderators):

Or alternatively, they're fed up of you repeating over and over again
that templates are bad, evil and wrong.

It was the opposite actually: they were trying to sell me on C++ templates
when I have no use for them. I was just responding the hard sell. The
original topic was about using templates. I really don't care which kind
of templates. The topic can be had without the tangent of "my templates
are better than your templates".
It seemed very noticeable that
*no-one* else even remotely took your side.

I didn't realize there were "sides".

Ted