    I've found and used the nntplib module for newgroup programming. Can anyone
    suggest a library, technique or reference on how to combine mutliple
    messages with attachments such as mp3's, .wmv, *.avi, etc.?

    Chuck, Apr 3, 2005

  2. On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 09:00:43 -0400, "Chuck" <>

    > I've found and used the nntplib module for newgroup programming. Can anyone
    > suggest a library, technique or reference on how to combine mutliple
    > messages with attachments such as mp3's, .wmv, *.avi, etc.?

    A reference? Start here: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2045.html
    (and follow-up with 2046, 2047, 2048, 2049)...

    If those are too much, try the Python Library reference for
    (assuming numbers haven't change, I'm still on 2.3.2):

    12.2.3 Generating MIME documents
    One of the most common tasks is to generate the flat text of the email
    message represented by a message object structure. You will need to do
    this if you want to send your message via the smtplib module or the
    nntplib module, or print the message on the console. Taking a message
    object structure and producing a flat text document is the job of the
    Generator class.

    12.2.4 Creating email and MIME objects from scratch

    or the deprecated 12.6 - 12.9

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Apr 3, 2005

  3. Chuck

    Steve Holden Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    > I've found and used the nntplib module for newgroup programming. Can anyone
    > suggest a library, technique or reference on how to combine mutliple
    > messages with attachments such as mp3's, .wmv, *.avi, etc.?

    Are you talking about reconstructing a long post like a .avi that has
    been split up into separate messages?

    If so then you'll need to concatenate all the message bodies and use
    uudecode on the result, I suspect.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +1 703 861 4237 +1 800 494 3119

    Steve Holden, Apr 4, 2005