Newsgroup question

google

Can someone explain to me how topics in the "comp.lang.javascript"
forum are maintained?

I was following 2 topics that I started, with one entitiled "Internet
Explorer vs. Firefox javascript array performance" and both seem to
have disappeared from the listings. Is it possible for topics to be
deleted from the forums - I thought not?

Thanks

google

Hey,

I have been using the Google Group route and checking the threads
regulary with no problem. Maybe there is a problem with Google then.

Just seems wierd that 2 postings, started by myself (with a few weeks
in between) should both disappear at the same time ...

TC

Hey,

I have been using the Google Group route and checking the threads
regulary with no problem. Maybe there is a problem with Google then.

Just seems wierd that 2 postings, started by myself (with a few weeks
in between) should both disappear at the same time ...

It's unusual for posts to disappear from google's news server, in
normal circumstances. In theory, you can set a post to be deleted after
'x' days, but I don't think you can actually do that through the gg
interface.

Perhaps try looking for the posts in question, on some other news
server(s)?

Gotta go,
TC (MVP MSAccess)
http://tc2.atspace.com

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 10/31/2006 6:16 AM:
Can someone explain to me how topics in the "comp.lang.javascript"
forum are maintained?

"forum"? comp.lang.javascript isn't a "forum", its a Usenet Group.
I was following 2 topics that I started, with one entitiled "Internet
Explorer vs. Firefox javascript array performance" and both seem to
have disappeared from the listings.

Perhaps you should learn how to search the Archives then. A simple
search for your email address returns three threads. This one, and the
two you can't find.
Is it possible for topics to be deleted from the forums - I thought not?

Again, this isn't a "forum". If it were, it would be possible. And,
there is a "No-Archive" header that can be set, but even then it depends
on whether Google honors it or not but you can't set it using the Google
Groups interface.