Newsgroups for Android development?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Stefan Ram, Aug 15, 2013.

  1. Stefan Ram

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.mobile.android

    Are there any (English language) newsgroups specifically
    for Android development?

    Otherwise, what would be the most appropriate newsgroup?
    Stefan Ram, Aug 15, 2013

  2. On 15.08.2013 19:12, Stefan Ram wrote:
    > Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.mobile.android
    >
    > Are there any (English language) newsgroups specifically
    > for Android development?
    >
    > Otherwise, what would be the most appropriate newsgroup?

    I guess there's an app...

    SCNR

    robert

    F'up to comp.mobile.android

    http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/
    Robert Klemme, Aug 15, 2013

  3. Stefan Ram

    Jan Burse Guest

    Stefan Ram schrieb:
    > Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.mobile.android
    >
    > Are there any (English language) newsgroups specifically
    > for Android development?
    >
    > Otherwise, what would be the most appropriate newsgroup?

    comp.handhelds.android.devel
    Jan Burse, Aug 15, 2013
  4. Stefan Ram

    Lew Guest

    Lew, Aug 16, 2013
  5. Stefan Ram

    David Taylor Guest

    On 15/08/2013 18:12, Stefan Ram wrote:
    > Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.mobile.android
    >
    > Are there any (English language) newsgroups specifically
    > for Android development?
    >
    > Otherwise, what would be the most appropriate newsgroup?

    Programming is within the charter for: comp.mobile.android and as one
    of the supporters of that group would welcome your discussions on
    Android program development there. It's something I'm considering
    myself, and I have the development kits loaded and working.

    Cheers,
    David
    --
    Cheers,
    David
    David Taylor, Aug 16, 2013
  6. On 08/16/2013 12:12 AM, Stefan Ram wrote:

    > Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.mobile.android
    >
    > Are there any (English language) newsgroups specifically
    > for Android development?
    >
    > Otherwise, what would be the most appropriate newsgroup?

    comp.mobile.android certainly.

    When I had an idea of creating this newsgroup I thought it would have
    mostly Android developers, but called it "comp.MOBILE.android" to allow
    users of Android devices to be part of participation.
    It was a little surprising that users arrived, not Android developers
    itself. (And yes, I like creating newsgroups, I never oppose new
    newgroups, but in this case I think users together with developers in
    comp.mobile.android would help each other certainly by listening each
    other.) *UseNet is now too small to have more than one Android newsgroup
    in one language, true?*

    So yes if you want to discuss in English that is comp.mobile.android.

    There is also Dutch language newsgroup. Also German and French, maybe
    others.

    --
    X. X. Sputnik
    [alt.os.linux.fedora] [comp.mobile.android]
    X. X. Sputnik, Aug 16, 2013
  7. Stefan Ram

    Mark Guest

    On 15 Aug 2013 17:12:53 GMT, -berlin.de (Stefan Ram)
    wrote:

    >Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.mobile.android
    >
    > Are there any (English language) newsgroups specifically
    > for Android development?
    >
    > Otherwise, what would be the most appropriate newsgroup?

    gmane.comp.handhelds.android.devel

    (only available direct from gmane IIRC).
    --
    (\__/) M.
    (")_(") is he still wrong?
    Mark, Sep 2, 2013