newsservers

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Harag, Aug 25, 2004.

  1. Harag

    Harag Guest

    Hi all.

    (I also posted this in the comp.lang.javascript)

    I know this might be a little off topic but I was wondering if anyone
    knows of any good free news server as my ISP news server is totally
    crap and takes like 20 seconds to download 1 message to my news reader
    (agent)

    I subscribe to 4 MS groups and one other (comp.lang.javascript) so I
    could use the news.microsoft.com server but unfortunatly I can't get
    the other group (which is better than the MS Jscript one. IMHO)

    I've just done a quick test and the news.microsoft.com server seems
    fast (it downloaded 100 msg faster than I could count them :)

    I'm located in the UK

    Thanks for any help/advice

    Al.
    Harag, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Harag

    Steven Burn Guest

    I use msnews.microsoft.com for the MS NG's and individual.net for the rest
    of them

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Aug 25, 2004

  3. Harag

    Harag Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:39:47 +0100, "Steven Burn" <>
    wrote:

    >I use msnews.microsoft.com for the MS NG's and individual.net for the rest
    >of them

    cheers, I'll go check out the individual.net site.

    Al.
    Harag, Aug 26, 2004